Pgcli is a command line interface for Postgres database that does auto-completion and syntax highlighting. You can install this version by:
$ pip install -U pgcli
Check detailed instructions if you're having difficulty.
This release comes with the ability to save favorite queries, fuzzy matching in auto-completion, new special commands (\#), fix unicode issues in Windows and lot more. Thanks to the many contributors.
Add fuzzy matching for the table names and column names.
Matching very long table/column names are now easier with fuzzy matching. The fuzzy match works like the fuzzy open in SublimeText or Vim's Ctrl-P plugin.
eg: Typing djmiviw will match django_migration_views since it is able to match parts of the input to the full table name.
Timing information is now shown in seconds.
The Command Time and Format Time are now displayed in seconds instead of a unitless number displayed in scientific notation.
Support for named queries (favorite queries). (Thanks: Brett Atoms)
Frequently typed queries can now be saved and recalled using a name using newly added special commands (\n[+], \ns, \nd).
# Save a query pgcli> \ns simple select * from foo saved # List all saved queries pgcli> \n+ # Execute a saved query pgcli> \n simple # Delete a saved query pgcli> \nd simple
- Pasting queries into the pgcli repl is orders of magnitude faster. (Thanks: Jonathan Slenders)
- Add support for PGPASSWORD environment variable to pass the password for the postgres database. (Thanks: Iryna Cherniavska)
- Add the ability to manually refresh autocompletions by typing \# or \refresh. This is useful if the database was updated by an external means and you'd like to refresh the auto-completions to pick up the new change.
- Fix an error when running \d table_name when running on a table with rules. (Thanks: Ali Kargın)
- Fix a pgcli crash when entering non-ascii characters in Windows. (Thanks: Darik Gamble, Jonathan Slenders)
- Faster rendering of expanded mode output by making the horizontal separator a fixed length string.
- Completion suggestions for the \c command are not auto-escaped by default.
- Complete refactor of handling the back-slash commands. It is now easier to add new special back-slash commands using a decorator.
- Upgrade prompt_toolkit to 0.42. (Thanks: Jonathan Slenders)
- Change the config file management to use ConfigObj.(Thanks: Brett Atoms)
- Add integration tests using behave. (Thanks: Iryna Cherniavska)