Pgcli is a command line interface for Postgres database that does auto-completion and syntax highlighting. You can install this version by:
$ pip install -U pgcli
Check detailed instructions if you're having difficulty.
This release comes with metadata information in the completion menus. Now you can see whether a completion suggestion is a table or a schema or a view. New special command (\i), latest prompt_toolkit with wider completion menus.
Wider completion menus can be enabled via the config file. (Thanks: Jonathan Slenders)
Open the config file (~/.pgclirc) and check if you have wider_completion_menu option available. If not add it in and set it to True.
Completion menu now has metadata information such as schema, table, column, view, etc., next to the suggestions. (Thanks: Darik Gamble)
Customizable history file location via config file. (Thanks: Çağatay Yüksel)
Add this line to your config file (~/.pgclirc) to customize where to store the history file.
history_file = /path/to/history/file
- Add support for running queries from a file using \i special command. (Thanks: Michael Kaminsky)
- Always use utf-8 for database encoding regardless of the default encoding used by the database.
- Fix for None dereference on \d schemaname. with sequence. (Thanks: Nathan Jhaveri)
- Fix a crashing bug in the autocompletion engine for some JOIN queries.
- Handle KeyboardInterrupt in pager and not quit pgcli as a consequence.
- Added more behavioral tests (Thanks: Iryna Cherniavska)
- Added code coverage to the tests. (Thanks: Iryna Cherniavska)
- Run behavioral tests as part of TravisCI (Thanks: Iryna Cherniavska)
- Upgraded prompt_toolkit version to 0.45 (Thanks: Jonathan Slenders)
- Update the minumum required version of click to 4.1.