Pgcli is a command line interface for Postgres database that does auto-completion and syntax highlighting. You can install this version using:
$ pip install -U pgcli
This release adds new special commands \ev and \ef, more table formats, and a --user alias for --username option, to be compatible with psql. Pgcli also sets application_name to identify itself within postgres. Multiple bugs were fixed.
This release was very special because we had a lot of first-time contributors, thanks to Amjith leading a sprint on pgcli during PyCon 2018! It's wonderful to see that spike of commits in mid-may:
Our huge thanks to all the new contributors!
- Add quit commands to the completion menu. (Thanks: Jason Ribeiro)
- Add table formats to \T completion. (Thanks: Jason Ribeiro)
- Support \ev`, \ef (#754). (Thanks: Catherine Devlin)
- Add application_name to help identify pgcli connection to database (issue #868) (Thanks: François Pietka)
- Add --user option, duplicate of --username, the same cli option like psql (Thanks: Alexandr Korsak)
- Mark tests requiring a running database server as dbtest (Thanks: Dick Marinus)
- Add an is_special command flag to MetaQuery (Thanks: Rishi Ramraj)
- Ported Destructive Warning from mycli.
- Refactor Destructive Warning behave tests (Thanks: Dick Marinus)
- Disable pager when using watch (#837). (Thanks: Jason Ribeiro)
- Don't offer to reconnect when we can't change a param in realtime (#807). (Thanks: Amjith Ramanujam and Saif Hakim)
- Make keyring optional. (Thanks: Dick Marinus)
- Fix ipython magic connection (#891). (Thanks: Irina Truong)
- Fix not enough values to unpack. (Thanks: Matthieu Guilbert)
- Fix unbound local error when destructive_warning is false. (Thanks: Matthieu Guilbert)
- Render tab characters as 4 spaces instead of ^I. (Thanks: Artur Balabanov)